- Meet placement confirmations will be emailed one week ahead of each meet - Please double check your email spam folder and add our email address to your contact list to ensure delivery. Please notify us at least two days in advance for your schedule changes.
- Qualified students from tryouts have been notified - Please double check your email spam folder and respond by the deadline, if needed.
- Try-outs will start on September 16th and through September.
Please register before 10AM Friday, September 13th.Registration is now closed. Please note: Prior signup is required. No test will be given to any student without prior tryout registration confirmation. Results from the try-outs will be released on Friday, October 4th.
- A parent meeting is planned for Thursday 5:30-6:30, September 12th in the cafeteria. All are encourage to participate.
- Please check Q&A section for answers to questions from fellow UIL parents. And Calendar for upcoming events.
This year we are excited to participate in the following HISD UIL competitions: Spelling, Creative Writing, Ready Writing, Impromptu Speaking, Listening, Modern Oratory, Oral Reading (English), Number Sense, Mathematics, Chess Puzzle, Music Memory, and Social Studies.
2019 - 2020 Competition Dates are:
- Saturday, November 9th @ Welch MS [Results: 4th Place Team Sweepstakes ]
- Saturday, December 14th @ Carnegie HS [Results: 5th Place Team Sweepstakes ]
- Saturday, February 8th @ Scarborough HS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, March 7th @ Northside HS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, April 18th @ Carnegie HS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, May 16th @ Jordan HS [Results: TBD]
Typical schedule on a competition date (Please note: not all subjects are competed at each meet):
- 8:30: Number Sense
- 9:00: Creative Writing, Mathematics, Oral Reading 4&5G, Ready Writing, Spelling 2G
- 10:45: Chess Puzzle, Oral Reading 2&3G, Listening, Spelling 3&4&5G
12:4512:00: Impromptu Speaking, Modern Oratory, Music Memory, Social Studies