- Try-outs will start on September 16th and through September.
Please register before 10AM Friday, September 13th.Registration is now closed. Please note: Prior signup is required. No test will be given to any student without prior tryout registration confirmation. Results from the try-outs will be released on Friday, October 4th.
- A parent meeting is planned for Thursday 5:30-6:30, September 12th in the cafeteria. All are encourage to participate.
- Please check Q&A section for answers to questions from fellow UIL parents.
This year we are excited to participate in the following HISD UIL competitions: Spelling, Creative Writing, Ready Writing, Impromptu Speaking, Listening, Modern Oratory, Oral Reading (English), Number Sense, Mathematics, Chess Puzzle, Music Memory, and Social Studies.
2019 - 2020 Competition Dates are:
- Saturday, November 9th @ Welch MS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, December 14th @ Carnegie HS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, February 8st @ Scarborough HS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, March 7th @ Northside HS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, April 18th @ Carnegie HS [Results: TBD]
- Saturday, May 16th @ Jordan HS [Results: TBD]
Typical schedule on a competition date (Please note: not all subjects are competed at each meet):
- 8:30: Number Sense
- 9:00: Creative Writing, Mathematics, Oral Reading 4&5G, Ready Writing, Spelling 2G
- 10:45: Chess Puzzle, Oral Reading 2&3G, Listening, Spelling 3&4&5G
- 12:45: Impromptu Speaking, Modern Oratory, Music Memory, Social Studies