- How many students will make to the team?
For each subject, we will have top 5 students from each grade; 3 of them will rotate in for each meet.
- My student missed the tryout. Can there be an alternative test day be scheduled?
No alternative test day will be offered. It’s very important for you to remind your student and the room teacher about the tryouts. Given the sheer number of students coming for tryout on any test day, it'd be impossible to go and look for the student.
- Do I bring my child to ROE on the day of competition if qualified before the meet?
The students that qualify for the meet will meet Ms. Ardoin in the cafeteria of the school, where the meet is being held, 30 minutes before their competition. Parents will wait for students in the cafeteria of that school with Ms. Ardoin and transport their children to and from.
- Is there a fee for participating in UIL?
There will be an activity fee per subject for students to participate in UIL. There is also a fee for our school to register with UIL, which is already covered by ROE.
- When will be weekly practices?
TBD and subject to parent volunteers/coaches availability. Specifically, parents on the teams will decide practice days and times as well as who will volunteer to coach (whether the team will hire one or a parent will volunteer). Contact us if you are interested in leading any study session off-site.